Sign In with Apple - Swift
In this section you learn how to get started with Sign In with Apple using our Swift template and get ready to use Back4App in a few easy steps.
To complete this quickstart, you need:
- Xcode 11
- Set up Sign In with Apple in your Apple Developer account.
- Follow the Sign In with Apple Tutorial to learn how to set up Sign In with Apple in your Apple Developer account.
Step 1 - Get the template
Clone or download the template at
Back4App’s GitHub repository, open the
Step 2 - Open the project template
- Open Xcode.
- Click on
- Navigate to the project folder and double click on
- Wait for Xcode to open the project.
Step 3 - Setup app’s credentials
Update your App Delegate’s Parse Client Configuration values to set up the app’s credentials. Parse iOS SDK uses these settings to connect to the Back4App servers.
- Open your App Delegate file:
- Go to your App Dashboard at Back4App website.
- Navigate to app’s settings: Click on
Core Settingsblock >
- Return to your
AppDelegate.swiftfile and paste your
See more at our New Parse App guide.
Step 4 - Replace the Bundle Identifier
In your target, replace the Bundle Identifier by the one you created when setting up Sign In with Apple in your Apple Developer account
Also add the Sign In with Apple in the Capabilities of your App
Step 5 - Test your App
- Build your app in a device or simulator (
- Wait until the
Sign In with Applescreen appears.
- Click the button and do the login process.
- Find your app and click on
- Click on
- Go to
If everything works properly, you should find a class named
User as follows:
At this point, you have learned how to get started with iOS apps.
Learn more by walking around our iOS Tutorials or check Parse open source documentation for iOS SDK.