Start your iOS project from an App Template - Swift
In this section you learn how to get started with an Xcode template and get ready to use Back4App in 3 easy steps.
To complete this quickstart, you need:
- An app created at Back4App.
- Follow the New Parse App tutorial to learn how to create a Parse app at Back4App.
Step 1 - Get the template
Download the template at
Back4App’s GitHub repository, and unzip files in your project folder.
You can do that using the following command line:
$ curl -LOk https://github.com/templates-back4app/ios-template-todo-list/archive/refs/heads/main.zip && unzip swiftProjectBranch.zip
Step 2 - Open the project template
- Open Xcode.
- Click on
- Navigate to the project folder and double click on
- Wait for Xcode to open the project.
Step 3 - Setup app’s credentials
Update your App Delegate’s Parse Client Configuration values to set up the app’s credentials. Parse iOS SDK uses these settings to connect to the Back4App servers.
- Open your App Delegate file:
- Go to your App Dashboard at Back4App website.
- Navigate to app’s settings: Click on
Core Settingsblock >
- Return to your
AppDelegate.swiftfile and paste your
See more at our New Parse App guide.
Step 4 - Test your connection
- Build your app in a device or simulator (
- Wait until the
Hello World!screen appears.
- Login at Back4App Website.
- Find your app and click on
- Click on
- Go to
If everything works properly, you should find a class named
Installation as follows:
At this point, you have learned how to get started with iOS apps.
Learn more by walking around our iOS Tutorials or check Parse open source documentation for iOS SDK.