Start your Xamarin project using a pre built template
In this section you learn how to get started with a Visual Studio template and get ready to use Back4App in 5 easy steps.
To complete this quickstart, you need:
Step 1 - Get the template
Download the template at
Back4App’s GitHub repository.
You can do that using the following command line:
$ curl -LOk https://github.com/back4app/xamarin-quickstart-example/archive/master.zip && unzip master.zip
Step 2 - Open the project template
- Open Visual Studio.
- Click on
Open Project / Solution.
- Navigate to the project folder and click on
Step 3 - Install Required NuGet Packages
We need some additional libraries for this example. We will get them through Nuget Packages.
- Right click on App’s name in the Solution Explorer and click on
Manage NuGet Packages....
- Press on Browse, search and install the packages
parse by Parseand
Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat by Xamarin Inc..
- Wait for the installations to complete.
Step 4 - Setup app’s credentials
Update your strings values to set up the app’s credentials. Parse Xamarin SDK uses these settings to connect to the Back4App servers.
- Open your strings file:
- Go to your App Dashboard at Back4App website.
- Navigate to app’s settings: Click on
Core Settingsand press
- Return to your
strings.xmlfile and paste your
See more at our Back4App’s Creating New App guide.
Step 5 - Testing your connection
- Build your app in a device or virtual device (
- Wait until the
Hello Word!screen appears as below.
- Login at Back4App.
- Find your app and click on
- Click on
- Go to
If everything works properly, you should find a class named
Installation as follows:
Learn more by walking around Parse open source documentation for .NET SDK.